Since its founding in 1980, the Society of Wetland Scientists has continued to grow, with more than 3,000 members from the United States, Canada, Mexico, and many other countries around the world! We are committed to providing our members with meaningful resources that promote wetland research, education, conservation, and restoration, globally. These resources include:
- Complimentary monthly webinars on wetland related science topics of interest
- Full access to all past webinars (log in, click on “webinar” tab in the member hub)
- SWS monthly e-newsletter
- Full electronic access to Wetlands
- Electronic access to quarterly issues of Wetland Science and Practice (WSP)
- Electronic access to Wetlands Ecology and Management and Estuaries and Coasts
- Access to members-only discussion forum sections of the SWS website
- Member rates for Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT) and Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification
- Participation in regional chapter and section activities and benefits
- Ability to apply or be nominated for SWS “members only” awards and grants
- Discounted registration at the SWS Annual Meeting
- Post on the Job Board (log in, click on “job posting” tab in the member hub)
Become an SWS member today to receive these benefits and to join wetland scientists, researchers, and students from around the world to further the SWS mission of promoting the understanding, scientifically based management, and sustainable use of wetlands.
SWS membership dues are paid annually (with the exception of Lifetime members) on a calendar year basis. Membership includes one chapter. New members joining Oct. 1 – Dec. 31 will maintain a valid membership through Dec. 31 of the following year.