SWS is excited to announce the 2022 Earth Day Photo Contest where current SWS members can submit their favorite photos depicting the beauty of our planet’s wetlands for a chance to be featured on the homepage of SWS.org! Members can enter as many photos as they like if they are high-quality (1700px width or more).
Some tips for submitting a winning photo:
- Photos will be representative of the mission and work that SWS does to promote understanding, conservation, protection, restoration, science-based management, and sustainability of wetlands.
- Photos may depict any season of the year and any location around the world.
- Photos will avoid heavy editing or filtering to show the natural beauty of wetlands.
- We’ll consider photos that are well-timed and capture the liveliness of wetlands featuring wildlife, plant life, and even cultures dependent upon wetland ecosystems.
- We also want to see photos showing our wetland scientists at work preserving our wetlands or teaching others the importance of our wetland ecosystems.
The deadline to submit photos will be Monday, April 25, 2022, by 11:59pm ET. (We encourage you to spend Earth Day weekend outside and capturing new images to submit for the contest!)
The top 3 winners will be featured on the homepage of SWS.org, with each photo attributed to the photographer. Winners will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of Executive Board Members and Business Office Staff.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or experience any issues submitting your photos.