The New England Chapter of the Society of Wetland Scientists is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to fostering conservation and understanding of wetland issues in ME, NH, VT, MA, CT and RI. The objectives of the New England Chapter of the SWS are:
- To operate solely and exclusively as a non-profit and educational organization to foster conservation and understanding of wetland issues of particular interest to New England.
- Advance public education and enlightenment concerning New England's wetland resources.
- Provide an independent forum for interchange of ideas and data focusing on wetland science in New England.
- Develop and encourage wetland science as a distinct discipline by supporting student education, curriculum development, and research in New England.
- Encourage and evaluate the educational, scientific, and technological development and advancement of all branches of wetland science and practice with a focus on New England wetlands and issues.
- Encourage the knowledgeable management of wetland resources of New England.
Please contact us for further information about the SWS NE Chapter SWSNewEngland@gmail.com
Registration for the 2017 SWS-New England Chapter Meeting and Field Trip is now open! Visit our Upcoming Events page to learn more.
Consider joining our LinkedIn page for current information and discussions.
Follow us on Twitter @SWSNewEngland and Like us on Facebook!
2016 New England Chapter Bylaws
2016 New England Standing Rules
SWS is pleased to provide a monthly webinar series on wetland science topics of interest. Webinar registration is complimentary to all SWS members. Check out the Upcoming Webinars page to learn more! In addition, all webinars are recorded and archived for complimentary viewing by members on our Past Webinars page.