If you are interested in helping to organize a wetland-related workshop or conference for the South Atlantic Chapter of SWS, please submit your request to a Chapter Officer.
Upcoming Chapter Workshops & Conferences
2017 SWS Annual Meeting - Call for Silent Auction Volunteers
Hopefully, all of you are aware that this year's SWS Annual Meeting is in Puerto Rico from June 5 - 8, 2017. We hope to see many of you there!
On behalf of the Society of Wetland Scientists, I am writing to solicit a donated item or service for the Annual Meeting Silent Auction. The silent auction is a popular, well-attended event. This year, the SWS South Atlantic Chapter is organizing the Silent Auction. All proceeds will go directly to the chapter to support future initiatives, including support for students in wetland science and funding for student research. The chapter and its student beneficiaries would be grateful for any donations that you’re able to donate.
Your donation will be acknowledged in connection with the event. If needed, a letter to acknowledge your donation for tax purposes can be provided. Thank you very much for your kind attention to my request. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, Diane De Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amanda Safa at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support,
Past Chapter Workshops & Conferences
- Fall 2016 - SWS-SAC/SCC Joint Meeting with GERS - Pensacola Beach, FL
- Fall 2013 - SWS-SAC/FAESS/FAEP 2013 Joint Conference, Wetland Resources and Regulations in a Changing World: What Have We Learned? - Tampa, FL
- Spring 2011 - SWS-SAC/MAC Joint Chapter Meeting, Wetlands, Water Resources and People - Reston, VA
- Fall 2008 - SWS-SAC/SCC Joint Chapter Meeting, Climate Change, Wetlands and Water Resources in the Southeast- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Fall 2006 - Conservation and Management Issues Affecting Amphibians in the SE - Palatka, FL
- Fall 2004/ Spring 2005 - SWS-SAC/SCC Joint Workshop
- Fall 2003 - Isolated Waters in Southeastern United States: The Reality Versus the Regulatory - Savannah, GA
- Fall 2002 - "Behmouth" Wetland Restorations: Case Studies and Lessons Learned - Gainesville, FL
- Fall 2001 - The Dirt on Wetlands: Does Soil Organic Matter Enhance Ecosystem Function in Natural, Created and Restored Wetlands?